Monday 10 May 2010

A NEW ERA,A NEW HOBBIE!!!
















Tthis is my new przed possession...she was made in 1959,(i think) and she's a handcrank zigzag machine that does two types of stitches,one very even straight stitch and the rest are vairations on zigzag stitch...i bought her from TW>Gazes auction room s and she cost me £5.00,and i am well pleased....





Its funny but with my electric machine it did the job,but no matter how hard i tried,i just couldn't get it to stitch a straight line..my seams wouldn't match,and all of my patches were uneven...and it frustrated the living watsit out of me...many days i would sit there crying my eye's out all because i jjust couldn't get it right.and the i get this one....start it up give it a good clean and oil...and it works!!!all it wanted was a good clean....and then it all started to fall into place,it was all a matter of control...and since then i have had nothing but good sewing and good quilting....





the week i got her my cousin joanne asked me to take part in a craft fair at the east anglian museum of life...it is in august and i have been making quilts like a demon......





each one you can see more and more improvement in my sewing experiences....here have a look and you'll see what i mean.....





No comments:

Post a Comment