Thursday 31 December 2009

QUILTING IDEAS....WOW!!!!

Well what can i tell you????
this morning has been somewhat of a revalation to be honest...i bought what i thought was a pattern book for quilts and it turned out to be so much more....its given me so many idea's my heads swimming....i now know how to do flying geese,the devils road,and many,many,many others...have decided to make my mother -in -law a lap quilt for her birthday...am almost finished,but have used the shooting star pattern and log cabin squares for edging,and have also donethe dice blocks too,by way of an edging...am thinking of making a couple of these to sell online........could do with a cash injection this year,the car is due for an MOT this year and have got a feeling its going to be expensive.......
Yesterday morning i had a good search around my material stash and couldn't find much of it left,so i got off my butt and went to A small town near us called Eye,it has got a real alladins cave of a material shop,i could spend months in there and still not see the same thing twice.......So i asked for quilting peices and she handed me a whole drawer of material peices all reasonably priced(1.99 per fat quarter....)and then told me to pick as many materials off the rack as i liked to make as many fat quarters up as i liked she had every colour of the rainbow.....i could have spent hundreds of pounds in there but instead i spent a reasonable amount of money in there and took my treasure home to iron it and cut it out ready for making up....
i ironed it yesterday ready for cutting ,so i bit the bullet and cut it and re-ironed it with all the creases in it for stitching.....
This morning i started on my mother-in-laws quilt and it is going well,a bit lip chewing,but getting there,i have got three more log cabin sqaures to do as a linig and then its ready for the backing and the quilting pattern....and then it will be wrapped and mailed directly off to my mother -in-law....but with the arguements my hubs and his mother have been having this should be putting things to rights with a bit of luck!!!I don't have any pictures at the minute but will have by the time its ready to mail....so will post them later...so for now,its bye!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment